Monday 1 June 2015

Dressing Table Dreaming

Ever since I first saw this scene in the Parent Trap, when Lindsay Lohan's character is looking round her mother's bedroom, swooning over her mother's beautiful dressing table, I have yearned for one of my own.


Is there anything quite like a dressing table that evokes the image of an old hollywood star applying her signature makeup, think Elizabeth Taylor getting ready in the morning.


via: Pinterest

I love my bedroom, it is my sanctuary and the only room in the house that is all my taste. I perhaps should have entitled this blog post 'Ode to a Dressing Table', because if you can't already tell, I really really love them, despite the fact that they are not the most practical or necessary piece of furniture, it is the piece that gives me the most pleasure.


It saddens me how rare it is to find a dressing table in homes these days, and often if there is one they are there for decorative effect rather than actually used.

Here are a few of my favourites:

                                                    Delphine Shabby Chic Dressing Table

                                                   The French Bedroom Company

                                                                          £675



...

2 comments:

  1. I do love a good dressing table - that shabby chic one is gorgeous, as is your own!
    I kind of have a dressing table (more of a shelf) but I really can't wait till I have a room big enough for a beautiful one!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My bedroom isn't really big enough but had to make space for my beloved dressing table! x

    ReplyDelete